Medical Assistant Melrose Park, IL
Healthcare support professionals like Medical Assistants are expected to be in demand around Illinois over the next decade, but you need career-specific skills to break in. Lincoln Tech’s Melrose Park campus, which has served the Chicago area for more than 100 years since its founding as Greer Automotive College, offers Medical Assistant training that can help you break into this fast-paced, patient-focused industry!
As a Medical Assistant, you’ll work directly with patients: taking their vital signs, recording medical histories, collecting specimens and more. Lincoln Tech’s training program prepares you to sit for the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) exam offered by the American Medical Technologists (AMT). This exam is crucial to fully completing your education and being qualified to work in the field.
Medical Assistant Training at Lincoln Tech Will:
- Give you hands-on experience working with equipment such as EKG machines, injection simulators, autoclaves, lung function tests and more.
- Help you learn to take vital signs, read and update charts, apply surgical dressings and practice phlebotomy tasks like specimen collection and lab testing.
- Let you test your skills on simulation manikins that you'll "treat” for ailments.
- Put you in realistic medical offices called Doctor’s Office Classrooms (DOCs), which fully simulate professional healthcare offices from reception to exam rooms.
- Expose you to digital technology including hardware, software and word processing.
- Include classes in anatomy and physiology, health administration, pharmacology and much more.
- Give you the opportunity to take part in a “virtual medical course” and a 180-hour clinical externship for valuable real-world experience before you graduate.
As a graduate, you can pursue career paths as a:
- Medical Assistant in private practices and public facilities
- EKG Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Unit/Ward Clerk (hospital settings only)
Learn more about how Lincoln Tech’s Medical Assistant training in Melrose Park can help you begin a career that’s patient-focused, flexible, and rewarding. Call to schedule a tour or request more information today!
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech in Melrose Park, IL: