Medical Assistant Paramus, NJ
Medical assistant training at Lincoln Tech’s Paramus campus can help you build a future as a healthcare support professional in New Jersey and New York. Both states rank in the country’s top 10 for median Medical Assistant pay rates and have projected job growth rates better than 20% over the next 10 years*!
Lincoln Tech’s training program prepares you to sit for the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) exam offered by the American Medical Technologists (AMT). This exam is crucial to fully completing your education and being qualified to work in the field. As a Medical Assistant, you’ll work directly with patients: taking their vital signs, recording medical histories, applying surgical dressings, collecting specimens and more.
Medical Assistant Training at Lincoln Tech will:
- Put you in realistic medical offices called Doctor’s Office Classrooms (DOCs), which fully simulate professional healthcare offices from reception to exam rooms.
- Include classes in anatomy and physiology, health administration, pharmacology and much more.
- Give you hands-on experience working with equipment such as EKG machines, injection simulators, autoclaves, lung function tests and more.
- Let you test your skills on simulation manikins that you'll "treat” for ailments.
- Expose you to digital technology including hardware, software and word processing.
- Give you the opportunity to take part in a “virtual medical course” and a 180-hour clinical internship for valuable real-world experience before you graduate.
As a graduate, you can pursue career paths as a:
- Medical Assistant in private practices and public facilities
- EKG Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Unit/Ward Clerk (hospital settings only)
Learn more about how Lincoln Tech’s Medical Assistant training in Paramus, NJ can help you begin a rewarding, patient-focused career. Call to schedule a tour or request more information today!
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech in Paramus, NJ: