Medical Assistant Shelton, CT
For 15 years, Lincoln Tech’s Shelton, CT campus has provided quality hands-on Medical Assistant training to students looking to break into this booming healthcare support career field. The need for Medical Assistants is especially great in Connecticut, where better than 20% growth is projected by 2026*! Connecticut also ranks in the top 10 states nationwide for average Medical Assistant pay rates. Lincoln Tech’s Medical Assistant training can help you enter a field where you’ll be in demand and can earn an excellent living!
Medical Assistant Training at Lincoln Tech can:
- Help you learn to take vital signs, read and update charts, apply surgical dressings and practice phlebotomy tasks like specimen collection and lab testing.
- Put you in realistic medical offices called Doctor’s Office Classrooms (DOCs), which fully simulate professional healthcare offices from reception to exam rooms.
- Let you test your skills on simulation manikins that you'll "treat” for ailments.
- Give you hands-on experience working with equipment such as EKG machines, injection simulators, autoclaves, lung function tests and more.
- Include classes in anatomy and physiology, health administration, pharmacology and much more.
- Give you the opportunity to take part in a “virtual medical course” and a 180-hour clinical externship for valuable real-world experience before you graduate.
- Help you prepare for the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) exam offered by the American Medical Technologists (AMT). This exam is crucial to fully completing your education and being qualified to work in the field.
As a graduate, you can pursue career paths as a:
- Medical Assistant in private practices and public facilities
- EKG Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Unit/Ward Clerk (hospital settings only)
Learn more about how Medical Assistant training in Shelton, CT can help you begin a career that’s patient-focused, flexible, and rewarding. Call to schedule a tour or request more information today!
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech in Shelton, CT: